Saturday, February 16, 2019

Welcome Back Sun

It was wonderful starting an early morning (7 am) run without having a flashlight or headlamp.  The weather remains very cold, however the blush of day to start the run was a welcome sight!


You would think the low temperatures would mean fewer runners out early in the morning.  I am so excited to see so many out to prove themselves and stay active. Old Man Winter won't chase us back indoors!

Steve and I did a 10k out and back.  The advantage of which is we get to cheer on those who are at the back of the pack and those who are part of other running groups who have a later start.  It was great see friends from KPStrong and Running Fit.  Giving a "Woop Woop" of encouragement and collecting on the run high fives and hugs is one of my favorite parts of this game. 

Steve and I stopped on the bridge again to do the required "I came, I saw, I conquered this course" selfie.  I finally realized why my kids have such goofy looks half the time when I try to take their picture.  I seriously despair sometimes and wonder how so many family's get these wonderful photos, while I'm lucky if everyone is looking at the camera.  I present the photo sequence that made me laugh this morning and realize it's all Steve's genes.
Derp face

Eyes Closed

Maybe we should stop moving first...and why is Steve always so serious

Fourth try is a charm!

Last time I managed to drag Steve out to a morning run with a promise of breakfast after.  Sadly no one was going out after that run and Steve has not let me forget it.  Luckily this time was a great breakfast at the New Hudson Inn.  Hot breakfast, excellent company and good conversation are my favorite ways to conclude a good run.

I will conclude with some reading recommendations.  I most recently finished Scott and Jenny Jurek's "North".  This is the story of Scott's breaking the Fastest Known Time for completing the entire Appalachian Trail.  An amazing and inspiring journey which I listened to the audible version of and was not disappointing.  They really brought the trials, beauty, and scary parts of the trail to life.  Anyone interested in trail running or the Appalachian trail would enjoy this book.

Next on my reading list is "Run For Your Life" by Mark Cucuzzella M.D.

Be well my friends and find your happy pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment