Saturday, April 1, 2017

All Thrills Run

Huron Meadows Metro Park is home to the All Thrills No Frills trail run, which I spent the morning helping out with.  It is one of the races I really enjoy volunteering for.  This is a lovely, wide and not very technical trail with rolling hills. The trail is jogging stroller friendly, dog friendly, and perfect for group runs as two or three people can run side by side with no fear of bikes, and I have often recommended it as a good trail race for beginning trail runners.




Today's weather was perfect, chilly at first but I had fun staying warm by jumping up and down and cheering for the runners.







Of course I had my own run to get in today so after all the cheering was done I stripped down a few layers and hit the trail myself for a double loop of the 8k course.
Have I mentioned that I get lost easily and frequently make wrong turns? It's pretty funny that I missed a turn in my first loop and ran 6 miles instead of 5.  Yes I can get lost even on a course I am familiar with and that I am marshaling at. I am just that talented! It is however,  a beautiful day for going extra miles. The peepers were raising their spring cacophony. The birds were calling their "Hey Baaaaaby, Hey baaaaaby" calls for a mate.  And the wonderful scent of earth and green filled the air.
It is really nice to finish a run and be able to lay out and stretch on a picnic table in the gloriously warm sunshine.  I could feel all my worries and stress from the week melt away in the sun.



Happy Trails my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment