Friday, February 23, 2018

Wet and Wonderful

Today's run is brought to you by the letter W for wet, as it rained pretty steady most the morning.  Happy to report that I stayed warm and mostly dry with my Running Lab Craft jacket, which repelled the rain nicely.  I finally sat down and took some time to check the Running Lab Half marathon training plan and adjust for the two weeks additional time until the Trail Half in April.  Looks like I am mostly still on track and this week's 7 miles was very doable.  (I was worried I needed to do 8 or 9 and my knee wasn't up for it yet.)
It was an introspective 7 miles both because I have to write a Bio for my Running Lab ambassadorship and because I was back on Island Lake Blue trail for the first time since last fall.  I found my head full of memories of times with friends at Island Lake which used to be a weekly run for me.  I admit to procrastinating on the bio.  Maybe it's impostor syndrome and comparing myself to other runners who have been running most their lives, I really don't know why I'm so nervous about writing a bio. 
There I was reaching all the familiar Landmarks of Blue trail and feeling awesome just to be on the soft trail again after months of icy, messy, ankle biting trails.  My head was full of memories of when I first started running and the friends I've made along the way.  Some cheerful, some full of advice, most of them positive that no matter how far I was planning on going I could make it.  This trail feels like home to me and even on a gloomy rainy day it is a joy to be there. 

7 Years ago when I started running I was jogging 1 min, walking 2 min through the cemetery park in Howell.  I never imagined that first mile of being able to jog without rest would turn into 3 then 4 and eventually lead to half marathons, marathons, and even a 50k.  If I went back in time and told myself how far I would eventually go, that far away me would have laughed, I would not have believed it.  Even though many of my runs are solitary and much needed "me" time.  I have found many wonderful like minded friends along the way.  I have also really enjoyed volunteering and lending support to other runners at races and other running events.  Now here I am 7 years later an Ambassador for Skirt Sports and Running Lab.  Now I just need someone to sponsor my races! 
Into the woods I go, to loose my mind and find my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment