Sunday, January 31, 2016

Possibilities

I am currently training for a Full marathon at the end of April, soon to start training for a Tri sprint end of June, and since that is not enough crazy I am considering my next Ultra.  A 100k early June or focus on the Tri and consider a 100k at Woodstock in the fall.  Hmmm.  I ran across my journal entry from after my 50k. 

         "It is somewhat fitting that I ran the "far out 50k" at a race called Woodstock. There was the usual laundry list of ups and downs: Finding your watch uncharged, unexpected storms blowing through, downed trees ( one filled with very angry bees!) muddy, shoe stealing, ankle twisting paths. Finding friends and camaraderie in pain, sweat, and the joy of movement.  it was the best of times, it was the most surreal of times and I found myself smiling through most of it."

By my words I don't believe I'm done with Ultra runs, but timing may be important if I want to stay healthy and be successful at my other races.  



No comments:

Post a Comment